Modern DC operators face a common dilemma: the space they need to meet omnichannel demands is running out. As direct-to-consumer order fulfillment has greatly expanded their logistical requirements, the physical constraints of their warehouse have them feeling boxed in. Often, the typical options to solve this problem — such as expansion, new facility construction or outsourcing — are impractical and require significant capital expenditures. But there is another direction operators often overlook to maximize the use of their existing operations: upward!
Intelligrated's next On The Move webinar will explore the vertical conveyor options available to solve this space problem. This informative complimentary session will be presented by Joe Joice, vice president of business development for USS, an Intelligrated Company. Attendees will learn:
- Why the option to expand vertically is becoming more commonplace
- How commercial logistics models are evolving from traditional "push" to consumer-driven "pull"
- Pros and cons of a wide range of vertical lift and conveyance technology currently available
- Which applications are currently benefiting from these vertical solutions
- Where this technology is applicable to manufacturing and assembly environments